Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Random Thoughts

I know it's been awhile since I have posted but alot has been going on.
The cloud is moving and that means new direction .When the cloud starts to move I feel mixed emotions but mostly I feel excitement because I know something new and exciting is coming.
One of the best things ,other than the obvious,about being a spirit filled believer is being spirit lead.
I used to be a person that desperately needed to be in control and at times I still struggle with it .But you cannot be in control and also be spirit lead.Spirit lead means the Holy Spirit is in control and at this point in my life I would love nothing more than to put my life in His hands and say " Lead the way".
Some would say easier said than done but honestly once you know the truth and you know God I can't think of anything easier.
Honestly , I think people put to much emphasis on theology and over think everything.
I don't believe that God is that complicated.Wether he tells us to start a non profit or travel the country and live in a truck what's the worst that could happen?If God tells you do something than just do it,if something gets broken along the way He will fix it He never starts something and doesn't finish it nor does He not provide the means in which to carry out His will. I like the idea of not knowing what I am going to do tomorrow and I am ok with not planning out every aspect of my life.I understand the need to be prepared but I am more willing to let the Holy Spirit change my agenda whenever He sees fit.
The breakfast may have come to a standstill but my passion for the community as well as other communities dealing with the same challenges have only increased.
I desire to educate myself and learn from people successfully and fruitfully doing the work.
With everything going on in our world today I have never seen a more desperate time or more urgent need than right now for people to SEE the love of Jesus.
It is very easy to love the people you love and for some it may be easier to love strangers.
I challenge you to walk out the opposite.Those who are more difficult for you to love ,make the attempt. A kind word,a generous act goes further than you think.
God has shown me on many occasions that doing what is convenient for me,not wanting to go out of my way or go the extra mile ,DOES NOT glorify Him!
The Beatles sang "All You Need is Love" and though some may disagree it's the power behind what Love DOES that's important.
It heals, it fixes what is broken, it cuts through the red tape, it makes us who we were intended to be,it makes us see things through His eyes.
It is easy to love when you understand not only what it is , but WHO it is.

1 comment:

  1. awesome word , thank you....dealing with loving the difficult to love this week....great timing..Love you

    ReplyDelete