Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dane Day

Whoever said they hated being alone obviously didn't have the day I had. Today was a Dane day. I spent all day with my son Dane going to the doctor for 11:30 sitting through "Could you please fill this out front and back" even though I feel like I've done that every single time I go.Than waiting and more waiting finally to the back sitting in a tiny room so I can wait some more.While I am waiting for the doc to come in I feel obligated to have a meaningful conversation with my 17 year old won't pull my pants up can't take my hat off bc my hair sucks,son. I make an attempt and like clockwork doctor comes in . Talking, talking, talking, question, question,question he leaves the room and I'm waiting . He informs me my son needs another allergy test they give it to him and its going to take about 15 minutes to react so yep you guessed it more waiting.So the test is over he is severely allergic to dust mites , mold, and grass.Now I get the news I have to take all the carpet out of my house ,which isn't hurting my feelings,however that means I have to put down sub flooring and laminate flooring in my very old house bc the floors underneath the carpet are bad. No problem I'll just go shake that money tree in my back yard. We finally get out of there at 3:00 pm now I have to go to court scheduling so my son can go to anger management and do community service for the fight he got into at school while I was on my way to the hospital to get a hysterectomy. That was suppose to be a me day that he turned into a Dane day. Anyway we go in there and we see the kid he got in a fight with and the greet each other with a little fist tap and say "whatsup dude?" I'm like you have to be fricken kidding me you couldn't have done this 10 MONTHS AGO! ughhhh. We finish that and he still has to do a drug test but the lady forgot to give him the paper he needs so I had to go to city court to grab that then go drop off his prescriptions (all 6 of them) just to find out I have to get a verification from the doctor WHO WROTE the prescription to verify that he wrote it because evidently people who don't have adhd feel the need to abuse adderall. OMG!!!!!!!At this point I just hate people .So I go home thinking all I have to do is make dinner and I'm done, well not even close. I dropped my son and daughter off at the house before I dropped off scripts. I come home and my daughter tells me my son has just turned into satan and I should go see whats wrong. I go in his room and it is obvious with the plethora of crap all over the place ,things knocked over,knocked down and just a mess that its safe to something is amiss. So I ask myself, Self do you really want to know? I do and the look on his face tells me its "the girlfriend". So I prepare to be an amazing listener , a good, caring, comforting mother. My son begins to tell me he "can't take it anymore" and goes into everything that happened yesterday leading up to today's catastrophic event. I hear him talking but the whole time I'm comforting him and trying to reassure him that he's not pathetic , in my mind all I want to say to him is "Man you're PATHETIC, are you really going to let a girl tell you who you can and can't be friends with ,someone who is so insecure that she has to be mean to everybody else just so she'll feel good about herself. You are 17 years old she is your first girlfriend you don't pay bills you have no job you have no mortgage and no kids WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO FIGHT ABOUT! Y'all are young and you don't know shit!!! Love my ass you don't have a clue what that means." But I restrained myself gave him the best advice I could knowing full well he would not heed my warning . So hear I am in my room all alone and loving it .Looking forward to tomorrow when kids are in school and husband is it work. I have no problems with being alone in fact I embrace it. In fact when I die and leave this wretched place , the 2 words I used the most they can put on a t-shirt and bury me in it so people can read it when they view my cold corpse "GO AWAY" and that's the truth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment