Monday, May 16, 2011

BFF"S

Most of my adult life I never had a BFF. I did when I was younger but we grew apart.Than I went through a custody battle with my son and that's when I found out who my friends were. Needless to say I was very betrayed by people I thought were my friends. Since than I found it hard to trust anybody so primarily my only confidants were older woman,wiser woman. My aunts,my mother,my mother in law and my very best friend was my grandmother.These are women I trusted. The only friend I had outside of family was an older black lady who used to be my bible study leader,Jackie,she was my TITUS 2 woman.


 Younger women annoyed me because I had been down those roads already and of coarse they know everything and had way more attitude than I cared to deal with.There are younger women wise beyond their years but they are few and far and in between. Women my own age got on my nerves because they were just to full of drama and bull$#!&. Older women were wiser and more mature for the most part.This year I got involved in a bible study full of all of the above except this time I had the decision to run or to stick with it and be that TITUS 2 woman for someone else like Jackie was for me. I have learned a lot from these woman younger and older. I consciously made the decision not to have a BFF anymore because it makes it seem as though one is better than the others.I don't see it as better I see it as different.There are some I connect with on different levels but I love them all.                    
I have learned that everybody has crap and everybody goes through something.Some are more needy than others but the one thing I have learned is that you have to love people where they are and it is important that you KEEP YOUR WORD.I am guilty of this myself and its not OK not to follow through. If you tell someone your going to do something than do it.If you say your going to be there than be there.This never offends me,it hurts me.Recently I had asked a friend to go somewhere with me for support because it was going to be a difficult thing for me to go through. They said yes and than backed out of it because they had somewhere to go.I wasn't angry ,I wasn't offended, I was hurt.That's when the light bulb went off and I heard God whisper to my heart "I'll Be There." I wanted my friend to be there to be a buffer between me and the fear so I could hide behind it,but if God is there He can REMOVE the fear.
The bottom line is people are going to disappoint you, there going to hurt your feelings, there going to get on your nerves sometimes and they are not always going to be there.The people in your life are not always going to have the same priority list that you have and even if they believe what you believe they are not always going to act on that.
God on the other hand will always SHOW UP! He will never back out,He will never say "I can't come " or "I'm too busy". He will never be late, he will never cancel , He will never say "I have to work" or "I'll be out of town." He will never say " I FORGOT". God is the one person you can count on,depend on to never let you down.God is a man of His word.God is many things to me. He is my Father , my wise council,my confidant,my everything and He will always be my best friend.God and Lori BFF"S 4 LIFE and than some!!


"God is not a man that He should lie or a son of man that He should change His mind. Does He speak and than not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?"- (NIV)Numbers 23:19

No comments:

Post a Comment