Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birds and Buildings

This past week I went to Alabama with a local church group to assist in the tornado relief with the Salvation Army.
I came  home yesterday and had to decide whether or not to continue to serve breakfast even though I had no building. Around midnight I had pretty much decided that no matter what I still needed to show up.
My friend Carla messaged me and said she would help and I'm glad because it would have been rough doing it alone.
We made a trip to Walmart and made breakfast burritos with apple juice and sliced oranges.
Long story short after we fed as many people as we could find, later in the day  I was made aware of a situation that had come about as a result of me feeding people. It was not a positive one and I'll just leave it at that.
I am finding out very quickly that the more you try to be Jesus "FOR REAL" to people the bigger the threat it becomes, to those who may have attempted to start doing it for the right reasons but  have now given into apathy and greed.
Though I expect persecution, trials and tribulation, I am angry and as far as I'm concerned rightfully so.
Did you ever just know that you were called to do something and  everyone wants to get behind you and you feel like you have the support of your peers and community but at times  you try to do everything yourself and make things happen?
You have some success and than all hell breaks loose and suddenly you feel very, very, ALONE. When you can't understand why nobody sees what you see or feels how you feel and doesn't think what you think?
When that happens it is an opportunity to embrace what God has put on YOUR heart and called YOU to do.
It is an opportunity to understand that though He puts people in your life to help, support and assist you , outside of that you need to rely on Him.
Right now I feel like David and the opposition I am facing is Goliath. I know that God is with me and all I am missing is a slingshot and a rock.
While in Alabama I saw a story on the local news about a tornado in Oklahoma, that God used to show me something.
 It was about a tiny bird and her very carefully made delicate little nest that collided with a motorcycle in the midst of the tornado and survived.
 The nest was between the headlight and the turn signal and the motorcycle landed upright both bird , nest,  and bike in tact.
The motorcycle owner made a very keen observation. He said " It was amazing to see something so intricate and delicate survive such a massive force of nature yet a building made of bricks and stone collapse into piles of rocks and pebbles."
What I saw when I looked at the tiny bird and her nest, who laid 4 eggs a few days later, was that which comes from God and belongs to God and is also protected by God , can withstand the toughest of storms. That which is made and created by man and not submitted unto Gods Glory, though it may be a massive structure , built with the finest material and the strongest of stone ,without the covering of God in the midst of a storm, can resort to just a pile of rubble.
Trust Him with your nest, after all He is the one who provided the means to which to build it in the first place. If you give it to Him to hold He will protect it when the storm comes .When He gives it back it won't be empty.

Psalm 61:3 For You have been a shelter for me,A strong tower from the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment