Thursday, April 28, 2011

Focusing On the Hope

The other night at bible study we discussed HOPE and hope means a lot of things to a lot of people but this is what it means to me. I have a tendency  to focus on all the bad about people rather than the good. I somehow seem to manage to put a magnifying glass on the one negative thing instead of all the positive.
My oldest daughter and my only son are each dealing with one thing in particular in their life that bothers me A LOT and it has definitely taken a toll on my relationship with them. Than  when I was really struggling with it God told me not to focus on my concern but to focus on the hope. The hope that HE knows exactly how to get them where they need to be, the hope that HE has for their future. The trust and expectation that something good will prevail.
That is how I see people who are homeless, needy and poor. So many people look at the homeless and never look beyond the surface. All they see is hopelessness and their version of  homelessness  which is typically just another stereotype. 
When we look at people through Gods eyes we see them finished , and  with the  love and kindness of Jesus through us we can BE hope for someone. Hope is Gods version of potential and now I choose to  see hope in everyone. I believe that everyone is entitled to hope. The definition of hope is a feeling of expectation and a desire for a certain thing to happen. It can also mean grounds for believing something good may happen. It is the possibilty of everything.
The opposite of hope is despair and the homeless feel that everyday and they desire hope. They have the right to hope for employment , for basic needs , and the right to hope for a home. Spread the love and bring the hope because hate and despair are winning and WE have the power to change that by choosing to love and give.
Hope died on a tree so that we would have hope for a future to spend eternity with the one who gave His life for love. Bring love to the unloved and hope to the hopeless because it changes everything and what do you say to despair when it comes to conquer? Checkmate!

So the poor have HOPE, and injustice shuts her mouth. - Job 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment