Friday, May 24, 2013

Tired of the Suck

The world sucks! There is no sugar coating that these days and it seems like it just keeps getting worse.
In the ministry I do daily it is hard to see the good in the world. I see a lot of tragedy and  heartache. I see and hear things that are inconceivable and preventable . Most of it; I  shake my head in disbelief trying to understand why we do the things that we do to each other.

So much hate. So much envy. So much selfishness. So much SUCK. This causes me to pose the question, at the risk of sounding like a hippy cliche, "Where's the love man ? " As a society we are ripping each other apart. We don't come together on anything. Well that's not exactly true. We do well when something significantly tragic happens to other people.

Never in my life have I heard the word depression so much then in the last week. I mean it literally has made me take a real hard look at what we think is REAL happiness and contentment . Some people may find happiness in success or having a bunch of stuff. Some may find happiness in self indulgences. Happiness for some may be that there kids make it to the best schools and become the Valedictorian.

Hell , some find happiness and clarity in recreational drugs and those who are residentially challenged may find happiness in a cold beer to take the edge off of their concern for finding a safe place to sleep.
How do we find happiness in a world that is so tolerable of the hate and disregard we have for ourselves and each other? We are so adamant about minding our own business that we make excuse after excuse not to love our neighbor as if we won't give an account for that.

I live in a world full of intolerance and judgement. A city that has children and runaways being forced into sex trafficking right in my neighborhood. Mothers throwing away their daughters and Fathers walking out on their sons. Children in the foster care system who at the age of 18 will be thrown away by the state  with a "Good luck" and a pat on the back send off. The city I love and grew up around is filled with people that are killing one another senselessly  on a daily basis. There is some real evil at work here and if you don't believe the devil exists, take a good hard look around you ,believe me he is real.

I'm sick of it. I'm tired of watching evil appear that it is winning . Here is the real truth. My only chance of true happiness comes from the belief in someone greater  and bigger then all this suck  who can fix all this shit because we can't. It comes from knowing that OUR God in all His majesty and Glory has a plan and a purpose for the SUCK and will use it to glorify His name through us. Us, His children, who He loves
too much to leave us the way we are and where we are.

You can say I sound like a big religious freak, a Holy Roller,  or whatever. I don't write these posts because I give a crap what you think, it doesn't change the fact that it's the truth. Nothing will change if we don't put ourselves aside and see each other the way God sees us. He sees us changed,valued and finished. Hold on to the hope that we can love our way through these hard times. Hold on to hope that we can trust in things we don't understand because He is sovereign. Hold on to hope because Hope is Him and He is more then enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment