Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mandy Marks Woodhouse

Yesterday, My Best friend and her husband left for South Carolina. I don't know how long she will be gone but I miss her already.She is going up there to be a part of Christ Central,  to learn how to help the needy and to serve. I 'm not good at goodbyes and anybody that knows Mandy knows she's a bit of a crier so when we hugged for the last time I was ready. It took about 20 minutes after they pulled off that I shed the first tear but don't say anything , I  have a reputation to protect.

Mandy Marks Woodhouse is one of the most inspiring, talented , beautiful women I know. Mandy is also an incredible teacher and writer. If there was  one word to describe Mandy it would be LOVE. Mandy knows how to love genuinely and sincerely.
I met Mandy last year , although I feel like I've known her my whole life. She was raised in Louisiana but attended Hillsongs in Australia were she met her husband Carston. They came back here to start what would be the beginning of answered prayer.

Carston led our group on Thursdays and Mandy led our women's group on  Tuesdays and it was at that first women's meeting that my life would never be the same. Mandy brought a group of women together from all walks of life and none of us were anything alike and Mandy grew and nurtured this group into a sisterhood, a den of lionesses, a life line for each other and woman who are genuinely in love with Jesus.

It was this sisterhood that would put together and develop a plan of action to feed , clothe, and love people in need every Saturday morning  which would become "The Breakfast Club".  I don't  think she fully realizes the impact she has had or the people she has infected with her love and generosity.
I have never known a more selfless thoughtful person. She has inspired me in so many ways but Mandy through God  taught me how to love people through anything . She showed me that love works.
What I will miss most is her quirky sense of humor,  her excessive use of un-American phrases  like "arvo", her love of British comedy and the infamous word I will never get out of my head- "bouncy"because she is a Mighty Boosh freak.

Neither of us are perfect and like most REAL friendships we don't agree on everything  but we do agree to be friends in spite of it. I hope she knows that she was  appreciated, I pray she knows how much she means to us and I want her to know that she was valued. I hope  she realizes who her friends are and that we want to do life with her again someday. I pray she knows that my life is changed for the better because she is  in it.  Well if she didn't' know before, she knows now.

You are a treasure Woodhouse and  I am  proud of myself for knowing it. I'm incredibly grateful to God for you! In  life you are my friend, in my heart you are family, in my spirit you're my sister. I love you!




1 comment: