Friday, March 4, 2011

Love Letters

Tonight at bible study we talked about trusting God. Which is essential because the two things you will find yourself having to do most as a believer is waiting and trusting.
During worship,when the last song played, I found myself prostrate on the floor face down.I was so overwhelmed with His Holiness and His presence that I couldn't get my face close enough to the ground.Than something happened and I will have to get back to that because it was sparked by something that happened earlier today.
As I was purging my closet I came across an old journal that I used to write God letters in. Love letters just between my Father and I. I couldn't get over how transparent ,honest and lovely they were. I also wondered why I didn't do it anymore.To understand what I mean I want to share this journal entry with you.
February 03,2003
Father,
I fall prostrate at your feet with my face to the floor where I belong. Once again asking for things I don't deserve,can never earn,or payback.
I am indebted to you forever for the sacrifice you've made for my pathetic excuse of a human being. I am an absolute mess in my own shallow existence. But, in your presence Oh Lord I am precious in your sight .
I am your diamond in the rough and all my flaws you see finished. You love me too much to leave me this way.You love me too much to trust me with myself for I am your most sacred treasure and you don't trust anyone else to watch over,guard and protect your treasure.Because if you want something done right you have to do it yourself,right God? In your arms I am safe. Nothing or no one can harm me and with you as my fortress who would be foolish enough to try. Such wonder I have seen. Such wonder I have yet to see. There is so much to wonder about there is so much to know about you and I have eternity to find out.You are The Lilly of the Valley, The Rose of Sharon,The Bright and Morning Star.You are the fragrance in my favorite flowers, the cool and gentle breeze in my favorite season.You are the love my husband shows me, you are the smile my children give me and you are the joy in my laughter.  Goodnight  Love ,Lori


What a coincidence that in my entry , I was face to the floor just like He found me tonight. That is the position I needed to be in to hear Him . For two reasons, one so I am not distracted and two to let the enemy know that not only am I willing to bow before my King but also to lay at the feet of my Master.
What happened to me was a rekindling . A  reigniting of  a fire I allowed to be quenched by circumstances, selfishness , and excuses . He was telling me He missed the intimacy between us we shared in those letters. I missed trusting My Father so freely. I feel like He wants me to share some of these letters with you. Over the next few days I will but take them for what they are or what they could be A love letter,a prayer,a journey.I look forward to our correspondence again God and mine and I believe it is fair to say we have a love /hate relationship.He loves me always and I never hate Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment